Gilsenan Endurance Sports Promotions presents
in conjunction with the Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon
The sole purpose of this clinic is to prepare the athlete for the 2014 Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon. Escape Academy athletes will receive training tips, seminars, sponsor samples and suggestions on all aspects of this great race from travel to training and everything in between. Athletes will complete all three legs of the world famous Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon course in a safe group workout setting. By completing the Escape Academy, athletes will qualify and are eligible to enter the 2014 Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon (participants will be responsible for the race entry fee in addition to the clinic fees).Clinic Dates:
Feb 22 - Escape Veterans Clinic.
This Escape Academy is for the triathlete who has completed this race in the past 10 years, but still need to qualify for the 2014 race.
This clinic (7am to 3pm) will include a modified Alcatraz swim into St. Francis Yacht Club, but will still allow participants to traverse the entire bike and run course. Power Point course review, goody bags and lunch will follow the completion of the clinic.March 8 - Escape First Timer Clinic.
This Escape Academy is designed for the triathlete who has received an entry via the lottery, but has never done the event before. It is the perfect opportunity to learn a great deal about the event and take a practice run through the challenging course prior to race day.
The clinic (7am to 4pm) will include a swim from Alcatraz to St. Francis Yacht Club, followed by the full bike and run course. Power Point course review, goody bags and lunch will follow completion of course.
Schedule (subject to change):- 6:30 AM Meet at Sports Basement Presidio
- 7:00 AM Open water swim in SF Bay
- 10:00 AM 18-Mile Bike Course
- 1:00 PM 8-Mile Run Course including the Sand Ladder
- 2:30 PM Seminar and lunch
- Escape Academy athletes will meet at the Sports Basement Presidio, 610 Old Mason Street, San Francisco, CA 94129
Fees: $480 paid in advance
- Various lectures from experienced coaching staff to accompany the three group workouts.
- Charter boat to swim start
- Aid Station/On-course support
- Special giveaways
- Eric Gilsenan, 25-year veteran and staff coach of the Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon
- Email Eric Gilsenan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that these clinics are not designed for new or rookie triathlete.